INTERNATIONAL ADOPTION OPPORTUNITIES
“We give a Family to a Child, not a Child to a Family”
Mercedes de Martinez | Founder of FANA | 1939- 2012
With a 45-year history, FANA, a private orphanage located in Bogotá, Colombia has found forever homes for over 14,000 children.
Interested and able to provide that forever home…We are currently seeking families to adopt children with diverse and/or special needs, ranging from:
- Toddlers (up to 59 months);
- Sibling Groups; or
- Older Children (up to age 16).
Families of FANA, WNY is located in the United States and more specifically in Western New York and is authorized by FANA Bogotá to provide adoption support services and for families in the Western New York region.
Lutheran Service Society (LSS)http://www.adopt-lssofny.org/ handles all home studies and Evolve Adoption & Family Services http://evolveservices.org/ serves as our agency working in conjunction with FANA.
Interested families must:
- Complete a pre-application for FANA Bogota that is obtained through Families of FANA, WNY.
- Complete an agency home study and training protocol that meets the international requirements prior to the adoption of the children. (LSS is the agency that helps our families walk through the process.)
- Complete the necessary paperwork related to the adoption through an agency licensed in Colombia. (Evolve is the agency that helps our families walk through this process.)
Evolve staff and our partners at FANA in Colombia make every effort to match families and children based on the home study and profiles of the children.
If you are interested in adopting from FANA of Bogota in Colombia and want to know more, please contact a representative from Families of FANA, WNY at email@example.com